Here, Let Me Feast!

Recently, my parents and I took a little trip into the Big Apple for a few days. I was always curious about the culinary stylings of city kids, and I had heard that there was more out there than chicken nuggets. I know! Blasphemy! Here's a recap of my food journey. In this photo, I'm enjoying some French Fries and Pigs in Blankets at Mickey Mantle's. It was a quick stop before heading to Central Park. Not bad, but not great either. (March 27, 2009)
© Figueroa / Eans

At Ruby Foo's, I taught myself how to use chopsticks. I never had Soba noodles before but these were really yummy and very, very long.
© Figueroa / Eans

Mommy says, "Ninjas eat with fury."
© Figueroa / Eans

More good food at Cafe 2 in the Museum of Modern Art. Props to Executive Chef Lynn Bound for the homemade pasta with butter and Parmesan. Best kids menu ever.
© Figueroa / Eans

I had my eye on Mom's dish: a bowl of White Bean soup with Escarole. Soon it was mine, too. I don't even know what Escarole is but it sure was tasty.
© Figueroa / Eans

After walking around the Museum, looking at all the art stuffs, we headed back to Cafe 2 for a little afternoon pick me up. Blood Orange Sorbet kicked my palette up a notch.
© Figueroa / Eans

For brunch one morning, we went to this place called Norma's. That's my grandma's name so I thought the cooking would match. Other than this Peach Mango smoothie, I didn't recognize any of the food.
© Figueroa / Eans

Mom ordered something called an Arepa with Eggs and Chorizo. Wha?

And Dad order a Frittata with all this stuff on it. More eggs I think.

I knew what a waffle was, but this was no ordinary waffle.
"Who put all this stuff on my waffle?" We sent it back.
© Figueroa / Eans

Still the biggest waffle I've seen, but I loved the plain sugary topping. I don't like my waffles all junked up with stuff.
© Figueroa / Eans

I think we were getting closer to what I was searching for. We late lunched at Patsy's Pizza, and I started with the Fried Zucchini and bread with olive oil.
© Figueroa / Eans

Pizza! Now we're talking.
© Figueroa / Eans

Not that I didn't appreciate the culinary tour, but I was so happy when Dad made a late-night run and brought back my chicken nuggets and vanilla shake.
© Figueroa / Eans

There's nothing like a little comfort food when you're away from home.
© Figueroa / Eans

No comments: